Tuesday, July 28, 2009

12 months later...

One year ago this week, I was in Kenya. When I first got back, I warned people that they had better have a few hours if they really wanted to know how my trip was...I could not stop talking about everything I'd seen, felt and experienced.
If you have never heard the stories, well, let me know when you have a little time, I still love to share it all. It was a life changer for me...in so many ways and those experiences still affect the way I think and make decisions a year later. Talk about perspective.
I think of these sweet people all the time. All the time.

Allison will be heading back there in September. I'm hoping to stuff a few essentials--school supplies and a dozen or so Dodgers tee shirts--into her suitcase for some of the kids at Oasis of hope.
If you are interested in knowing more about the beautiful people of Kitale, Kenya--check out Allison's blog at Kenyakenyakenya.blogspot.com
Asante

2 comments:

Zuzana said...

I it already one year? Time sure flies... The pictures posted here are priceless.;)
xo

PETE Di LALLO said...

Where does the time go?? I'm sure the beautiful young people have wonderful memories of you too. You and Allison are very special! I know that they cannot wait for her to come back. We wish her good luck and good health, while she does God's work....LOVE YA" Bum