Thursday, April 2, 2009

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim vs. Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles

This is the first time in...YEARS!!...that I have not been at a freeway series game. For some reason, there is only ONE Angels/Dodgers pre-season game this year--and it's in (the real) Los Angeles. Just can't do that on a Thursday night.
BUT...it is televised! Yeah!!
So, I will be sitting right here tonight--at 7pm--when Vinnie says,
"It's time for Dodgers' Baseball!"
It's the most wonderful time of the year!!

Please sing with me (you know the tune!)

I'm staying home for the ballgame,
far away from the crowd,
I'll miss the peanuts and crackerjack,
but with Vin on TV--play by play I won't lack!

I will root root root for the Dodgers,
from my couch I will cheer--kinda lame!

Though there's no parking lot traffic to fight...
It just won't be the same!

But I gotta admit...I'll be in bed five minutes after it's over.

1 comment:

Zuzana said...

I am not sure I know the song, but I always feel like singing after getting a dose of optimism reading your posts.;))
Have a great Friday Julie.;)))