Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year's Eve











The top two sites to see in Seattle
The First Starbucks! Very cool...bought a mug to go along with the ones I bought in Paris, Germany, Switzerland and every other big city I've visited.
Next, we walked through the Pike's Place Fish Market...
I had read the book "Fish" several years ago--about the guys at the Pike Place Fish Market and their secrets for success and improving attitudes in the workplace. They WERE, indeed, working together and having fun as they threw fish to each other (tho, honestly, I think that is primarily for show), chanted in rhyme and song and posed for pictures with tourists. The rest of the market is much like the OC Swap Meet.
We decided to go see a movie...A night at the Museum...funny, not fabulous...
And we went for one last AMAZING dinner...lamb chops and banana tart for me, lobster and chocolate souffle for Allison. We have surely eaten well in Seattle...
And, then decided to go see "The Holiday"...We loved it! We were both in tears a few times and both laughed out loud too. And, Jude Law is a babe. Great movie.
Back to the hotel room by 9pm--in our jammies, blogging and watching TV...
Yep, we really have had one GREAT vacation...
Now we just gotta make it to midnight so we can wish each other a Happy New Year...
It's happy already...so happy :)

2 comments:

Brent said...

I'm glad you guys are having such a good time in Seattle. It sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to make it there someday.

Happy New Year!

Allison said...

Brent, I'm a little offended that you don't comment on mine like you do on my mom's...not even close.