Tuesday, December 12, 2006

One-trophy woman


I am proud of so many of the things I have achieved in my life so far.
I raised two incredible, intelligent and totally fun to be around people...and I loved every minute of it!!
I went to college for 17 years...10 years at Saddleback College and 7 years at Cal State Fullerton-- earning my degree in Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations, in 2000...I was 37 years old!
And, though I never lived by myself for one minute before age 42, I have completely learned to be on my own in the last couple of years and have realized that, not only am I very good at it-- I also really like it! My home is amazing!!
So is my life!
Kinda funny then, isn't it, that the only thing I have ever earned a trophy for is for bowling! Yep, I received the trophy for "high average" on the St. Catherine's after school bowling team in 1977. I bowled a 207 that year...which no doubt accounted for the high average. All the other 7th grade girls were bowling like, 42. It wasn't exactly huge competition...
Guess I kinda "peaked" bowling-wise in 1977.
So grateful that I continued to grow and learn and acheive and become successful in so many other ways!
And it's really too bad that they don't give out trophies for doing well in the things that really matter in life.
I am sure I'd have a few more of these to show off...

4 comments:

Brent said...

I'd give you the trophy for "The Bestest."

Matt Jensen said...

I used to be into competitive sports, until I realized that you can buy trophies.

Allison said...

It could be worse: you could have lost your Superlative to Kasey Garner AND lettered in CHOIR.

Unknown said...

I'd give you a trophy for the best banana cream pie.

Rosie Bryant
Perth, Australia