Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My Favorite Christmas Songs...


I am sitting in the big comfy chair in my living room, in front of a gorgeous Christmas tree, the lights on the patio railing are twinkling away, and I can feel the warmth coming off the fire I just started in the fireplace. Just enjoying a big bowl of Cherries Garcia low fat yogurt (delicious!) while checking my email...(thank you Dillon for wireless in my home!)
Christmas music is playing softly in the background, and I swear, there is nowhere in the world I would rather be. (Well...)
As soon as I am finished with this blog, (and the ice cream) I am going to snuggle up and read the last three chapters of the new John Grisham book...I saved them for tonight.
This is my kind of perfect evening...

Here's the list of my favorite songs...
1. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas--The Pretenders
2. Chestnuts Roasting--Nat King Cole
3. The Night before Christmas-Amy Grant
4. Last Christmas-Wham
5. Feliz Navidad--Jose Feliciano (come on, you know you love this one too...)
6. Merry Christmas Darling--The Carpenters
7. I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm--Dean Martin
8. When my Heart Finds Christmas--Harry Connick, Jr.
9. Christmas Time is Here--Vince Guaraldi--From the Charlie Brown Christmas
10. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree-Brenda Lee (Think of Kevin dancing)
11. Silent Night--Stevie Nicks
12. Waiting for Love to be Born--Lindsey Lloyd Wallace

I have 165 OTHER Christmas songs on my Ipod. But I think I am going to make a sub-playlist of these. They are the best.
I am happy tonight.

2 comments:

loisa said...

you need to add some sufjan stevens to that list. check out josh's blog from Dec 6.

and of course you can add me to your links!

love love love

Allison said...

Last Christmas is my #1.

And I can totally see Kevin dancing.

I can't believe your list is missing Rick Muchow?!