Tuesday, November 6, 2007

MTV

I was 18 when MTV premiered. It was such an incredibly great gift for a HUGE music lover like me and we finally got to SEE what our favorite bands looked like! (I'll NEVER forget seeing Boy George for the first time!) We watched constantly--initially it was the same videos over and over and over. And still today, when these songs come on my iPod, I can vividly visualize these very early MTV videos.
  1. Karma Chameleon -Culture Club
  2. Sweet Dreams -Eurythmics
  3. The Look of Love -ABC
  4. Her Name is Rio -Duran Duran
  5. Come on Eileen -Dexy's Midnight Runners
  6. Let's go to Bed -The Cure
  7. White Wedding -Billy Idol
  8. Mad World -Tears for Fears
  9. Our House -Maddness
  10. Wake me up before you Go Go -Wham
PS Allison could sing all of these songs--and MANY others--by the time she was 2 years old.
I am pretty sure my sisters have on home video--a 2 year old Allison singing "Like a Virgin"...

4 comments:

Allison said...

I can still sing all of them now, though it's not as cute anymore...

But I love the memories attached to these songs...

And, it's no wonder you loved "Love is a Mix Tape" these are all of the same songs!

Unknown said...

Don't forget:
Pat Benatar
Michael Jackson
Twisted Sister
Van Halen
Beastie Boys
Prince
Rick Springfield
Hall & Oats

They remind me of some of the first videos I saw.

PETE Di LALLO said...

I remember having only one TV and 'listening'to Boy George while trying to read...he was a real winner!

Sarah said...

As I read each song, the video played in my head! Weren't the 80's colorful!!