Thursday, November 8, 2007

Dinner at Studio

Last night I had one of the best dinners of my life. Sarah and Shadi and I were treated to an outstanding six-course meal--including a specifically chosen, "paired" wine with each course-- at Studio Restaurant at Montage.
We were honored to have Studio's Executive Chef, James Boyce give us a tour of the restaurant including its remarkable kitchen.

As we were seated, we were presented with a fabulous glass of champagne--"to wake up the pallet." And then--the pallet was wide awake for the next 2 1/2 hours! Chef Boyce chose a special meal to prepare just for us...broccoli soup, heirloom tomato fruit salad, crusted halibut, pasta with crab legs and truffles...and each course was presented on a unique and beautiful piece of china!

The main course was absolutely phenomenal...I can't even describe it! On the left is a slow cooked spare rib on potatoes and the right is a prime steak that melted in my mouth! Each bite was like heaven! I have never tasted anything like it...ever! Unbelievable!
(You should have heard me enjoying it!)
I think this was glass #5...a good Chianti!
But nothing could prepare us for the dessert...Butterscotch pudding with caramel sauce served with two little apple-filled donuts. Fabulous!! Each of us loved it so much...we had tears in our eyes...we asked them to bring out another one...oh yeah!
The entire experience was just spectacular...the restaurant is so gorgeous, the service incredible--three people served each course so that we could all receive our food at the exact same time and the waiter explained each item we were served. The wine sommelier explained to us-in vivid detail-each of the wines, the reason they were being paired with the course and the flavors we would experience with each...absolutely amazing.
But the best part was sharing the evening with two of my favorite people in the world...it was the icing on the cake of one of the best dining experiences of my life.

6 comments:

Josh(ua) Treece said...

I'm not sure which of your friends is which. But you can tell the one with the dark hair that if she wants, I'll go with her next time to try a six course meal!

Allison said...

I LOVE the cup!!

Josh Peters said...

oh so jealous

Gina Vistaunet said...

I'm not too sure about the food, but the wine looks great. I'm a little jealous of you getting to eat there.

PETE Di LALLO said...

I gotta know...
who drove you home after the meal?
The 5th glass has to be a gross underestimate...

Ange said...

5th glass?? You look beautiful Jules!!!