Monday, November 5, 2007

It is official: I cry every day...

Last night I shared at dinner that "I cry every day." I went on to say that I honestly do have tears in my eyes at some point every single day. Sometimes they are sad tears, like when I am talking with someone about a rough situation or when watching a sad movie or when I find myself longing for something missing from my life. Sometimes they are the very best of tears--tears of laughter and joyfulness--there is nothing I love more than laughing so hard that tears run down my face...which--gratefully--happens often!
I thought about it a little more this morning and realized that the majority of the time, my tears are for "touching" situations...and there are so many! Things and situations that just touch my heart and are that strange combination of happiness and joyfulness and tenderness and gratefulness! Like when I watch Allison sing at big church...or at my nephew's high school graduation...or talking to my little niece on the phone from Hawaii...or at the ending of every Seventh Heaven episode...and especially when I am with good friends and realize that I am so happy about where I am in life.
But today was the clincher! I was STOKED to be home to watch LIVE the introduction of Joe Torre as Manager of the Los Angeles Dodgers this morning. From the minute Vin Scully began to speak about Joe's roots being in Brooklyn and about how many times he called games that Joe was playing in...I had tears running down my face! Yes! It's true! And when Joe got up and put on his Dodger hat and jersey (#6--like Steve Garvey!)...the tears just flowed! It is a dream come true and I am so very happy! The killer was Tommy Lasorda giving Joe a big hug...a loving "welcome" to the Dodger family.
It made my heart beat and, yes...I cried.
Sue me.

5 comments:

Allison said...

I cry at least every-other-day...if not more than that...I got teary-eyed about five times during Lars...

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

sue me! HA!
I cry pretty much every day too...I like to blame it on my mom, she DOES cry everyday.

I like that about me.

Gina Vistaunet said...

I think I'm adopted.

PETE Di LALLO said...

I didn't cry when I heard the news from Hawaii ... Hawaians have not a clue the World Series exists much less who Joe Torre is, was or will be...it's not a bad thing...I loved the people there...a lot of old white, retired guys with ponytails driving Harleys

I was drinking Chi-Chi's with Leesa,Sarah,Tony and Jonathon when I read Julie's text message about Joe...

I didn't cry because Joe is a wrinkled up old prune face guy like me, and we are not worth crying for...but I love the guy!

Joe will work wonders...watch!!!

Steve Adams said...

I didn't cry either. Joe Torre hated the Dodgers when they moved from Brooklyn...... but for the right price I guess you can learn to love again.....