Thursday, November 29, 2007

Internal Monologue

My clock is always set for 4:30am but it never goes off....I wake up by 3:30 or 4 and turn off the alarm. Then I lay there and think...and think and think....
I freaking have to lose ten pounds. Why can't I lose weight anymore? I haven't been to Disneyland in a couple of years...I miss it....I miss Sunny...and Sarah...i don't even know Elijah...i wish I made the same amount of money every month...why don't I visit my grandmother more? Is my son ok? How was his day today? Did he think of me? How is my daughter feeling right now? Is she struggling in anyway? Where is the love of my life? Do I know him? Do i know ME? Addison or Meredith? What should we do for Christmas? I want to have an ornament exchange. Is that gay? When can I decorate? Yikes...the 1st is Saturday and my house payment is due again! I hate the damn tattoo. I have to figure out how to get it removed. I hate my new conditioner. The floor is slippery in the shower. The carpet needs to be cleaned. That light in the garage has bugged me since the day I moved in. What can I get my dad for Christmas? Why does dry cleaning cost so much? My contacts bother me and i am sure I see better without them. My eyes are going to be puffy today from one too many episodes of Greys. Seriously, Addison? My Levitz bill is due this week. I swear my tire pressure is too low. I don't know how to measure that! My garbage disposal is still broken. I need to download all my new pics to my external hard drive. I have to get my dad something for Christmas. I haven't addressed my Christmas Cards. Why am I so tired? Why don't they play baseball all year long? That salad was so good last night. The wine was too! It's cold in here. I love my bed.
Argh...I have to get up.
And then, I get up.
I get in the slippery shower and use the crappy (cheap) new conditioner. I think about having an ornament party and paying bills...and then I drink coffee and a slimfast and put on a suit and go to work.
And I don't think about this stuff again.
Til about 4am tomorrow. Damn! What should I get my dad for Christmas?

9 comments:

'neice said...

Julie...that was one of the best posts ever! I can so relate...but it's what do I get my grandpa for Christmas (besides hockey tickets)???

Heather McTaggart said...

THAT was the MOST amazing blog EVER! You REALLY should win the "blogger award of the year!" I TOTALLY relate...I am a thinker, fixer and I lay awake trying to do IT ALL! Then I get up...and don't get a thing done because I FORGOT the "list!" I AM OLD!

Allison said...

I am JUST like you...that was totally my morning this morning, just 3 hours later!

You will grow to LOVE Addison...and you will LOVE Meredith too.

And you haven't even begun to cry yet!

Ange said...

1. Love this post
2. You should steal conditioner from the Montage
3. Remember Jerry Lorito from All STARS? ...http://www.tat2begone.com....

PETE Di LALLO said...

Dear sweet blogger "OF THE YEAR"...
I think the real reason you can't sleep is because you're always thinking of your next post...and thanks for thinking of me, which I appreciate especially this time of the year...
OK...here's a few hints...I want
1. a new light for your garage, and
2. a new garbage disposal...
my gift to you? I'll install both for you...deal? TAP TAP!!!

Unknown said...

Julie,
Love this post. I have the same problem but it is a constant stream throughout the day paused only by what I am doing.
Love and miss you!

PETE Di LALLO said...

I'll include an easily read tire gauge with the whole deal...

PETE Di LALLO said...

Please see one of my comments in your Porsche blog...

Anonymous said...

I love your dad.....He's such a sweetheart! When is your ornament exchange? It's not gay. It's a great reason to get together just to eat and drink (two or our favorite things)!
XO,
Kelly