Friday, November 2, 2007

Garbage disposal

My garbage disposal has been broken for the last two months. And you know me, I have Googled "how to repair your garbage disposal" and done everything to fix this myself. I have unclogged, unplugged, cranked and reset over and over again for weeks. I have de-greased, de-gunked and used two containers of extra strength Draino followed by boiling water... Yeah--multiple times--for two months!
I surrender. I need to buy a new disposal. But here's the question...do I dare defy the deadly combination of electricity, water and sharp blades and attempt to install this myself? I'm going to Google "how to install a garbage disposal" and I'll let you know.

3 comments:

Heather McTaggart said...

My hubby would be happy to install it for you! Seriously! He installed one at our Harbor House, it's easy! Let me know and he can do it Sunday or Monday, preferably Monday!

The Maguires said...

You can do this! It is crazy easy. Even i can do this and I can't do anything! I'm sure its easier to install a new one than fix all the other things you think are wrong with it. Just don't go to ACE.

Gina Vistaunet said...

Please let Heather's husband install it. Or call someone. I can do almost anything too, but I don't think I would even want to try that. Besides being scary, its probably stinky.