Sunday, September 11, 2011

A balanced diet

Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward had been together over 50 years when Paul died in 2008. In an interview shortly before his death the couple was asked the secret to their long and happy relationship.
Paul Newman answered,
"The key to our lasting relationship is
a perfect balance of respect and lust."

Joanne Woodward added,
"Sexiness wears thin after a while and beauty fades,
but to be married to someone who makes you laugh every day,
ah, now that's the real treat."



I love both answers.
I want exactly the same thing...
Lust, Respect and Laughter

3 comments:

md said...

I agree 100000% Lust, laughter and respect. 138

heading for the pea patch said...

I love this-now where will we find him(s)?

Sonja said...

I'll trade places with her in that first photo any time.