Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The plain, the plain...

I am in a super SELF IMPROVEMENT mode these days...just trying to figure out how to best use this vast amount of time and energy I have been given toward becoming a better person. I've made lists of things I want to do, want to learn, want to become. And as part of this, I am also clearing out, cleaning out and cleansing every part of my life.
There is one thing I definitely had to take care of right off the bat. On too many occasions I have written the woes of my tattoo. To be very blunt at this point: I absolutely hate it. What it looks like, what it represents, what it reminds me of. Hate it! It's really not the tattoo...it's how it makes me feel. Not a good thing.
First goal of the self improvement process: a fresh, clean, plain, smooth, ink-free (and memory free) lower back.
I am having the tattoo removed.
I will be paying dearly--financially and painfully--to get this done, but it will be well worth it. It will cost nearly ten times what I paid for the tattoo, (what a lesson, huh?) and it will hurt like hell. During the first treatment yesterday I almost cried...I could not believe the pain! And it is still hurting today. It's swollen, red and very tender...
But one small part of the tattoo is literally gone.
I am told it will slowly go away. Very slowly. The process will take at least 10 sessions and the sessions must be done six weeks apart. (Yeah. The 2010 World Series will be history before this damn tattoo is!) One down, nine to go.
Interestingly enough, 'become a more patient person' is another of my self improvement goals. So there you go.
It's a kick start to my fresh start.
I just know that I can be a better person!
(It's not just a fantasy.)
Smiles everyone, smiles!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're doing it. It needs to be gone. I pity you the pain though.

BUM said...

ONe stroke at a time! I'm sorry for your boo~boo.

PETE Di LALLO said...

I would not associate the removal with the Dodgers or the World Series...it sounds like it'll hurt enough...
nice title tho...
Can you take pain removal medication?
How about a bottle of good Cognac, that should ease the pain of those nasty needles...
I suggest a few quick shots of Cognac AND a few pain pills...
Hang in there sweetie...