Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Oh what a night...

I have actually lost track of how many ballgames I have been to this year. My best estimate is that last night was number 30.
But this one took the (cup) cake!
Section 1, Row 3, Seat 9--about 20 feet behind home plate.
Advertised as "twelve inches of goodness", it was Free Farmer John Hot Dog night at the stadium. But I didn't have a dog. Nope, I enjoyed a crab-crusted salmon, garlic butter mash potatoes, Caesar salad, and "petite pillows of basil pesto gnocchi". As if seats behind home plate were not enough, they throw in the Wolfgang Puck-inspired all you can eat buffet as part of the deal. Dessert you ask? No mini helmets of melted ice cream...just a 10 foot offering of cakes and pies and cheesecakes and cupcakes and ice cream bars....and plates of all kinds of cookies, and candies...! Absolutely unbelievable.
And, as you walk out to your seat, there is a table STACKED with bags of peanuts and crackerjack...just to remind you that you are indeed at a ballgame!
This was my view of the game. Incredible.It was "USC My Town" night as well and the marching band lead us in the National Anthem and gave the crowd a (no doubt) season's best version of God Bless America.This is pretty much what I looked like all night long.
The happiest girl in the whole USA.Besides all that, the Dodgers beat the Pirates 6-2. And, as "I love LA" rang through the stadium, we all shuffled out of the Dugout Club past a beautiful little trophy shining in the corner...
What a night indeed

4 comments:

DaPreacher said...

I am so happy at the pictures you took at the game! I have a sis is a die hard fan herself, an she always speak about them, so I can feel your happiness....

PETE Di LALLO said...

Geez-O!
Did you hit the jackpot or what?
The Dodgers win and ALL that food...
it's a wonder you had time to watch the game...
happy for you!

Lisa Marie said...

Oh man, I'm so happy for you. Sounds so great!! I am down for a ballgame!!! Love you Julie......

Falling LEAVes said...

I know what you mean! I lost track after 30 too... good thing I'm obsessive-compulsive about the Dodgers ... cuz I have all the box scores of all the games I've gone to, plus the stats recorded in an excel worksheet. For 2009, I am 31-19 (30 - 18 at home, 1-1 on the road) ;-)