Saturday, January 16, 2010

This, too, shall pass...

My babies--1985
I was thinking today that I was a pretty good mom to my kids as they were growing up. I was always extremely organized, usually very calm and honestly, rarely stressed about anything. I think the key was that I understood that the time was going by. And I knew that someday--I would miss all of it! I always knew that someday--it would all be a vague memory.
Whether it was the times when my baby woke in the middle of the night...or the times my teenager got home in the middle of the night...I knew that someday that moment would be far in the past, and that I would more than likely miss those "good ol' days." I held and kissed my baby in the middle of the night.
I hugged and kissed my teenagers too.
I enjoyed every minute of being a mom to my kids...every single minute.

I live most of my life that way today too. "Today's crisis is tomorrow's funny story" is a good motto to live by. It helps me to never take anything too seriously. Whether it's at work or in a relationship or even a finacial situation, I try to enjoy every minute...every single minute. I know that someday, THESE days will be the good ol' days...and that this, too, will be a vague memory.
And--every chance I get--though they are in their mid 20s--
I hug and kiss my babies.

2 comments:

Zuzana said...

I am sure you were a wonderful mom, and you will remain that way always.;) Your kids are lucky to have you.;)
Such a cute picture indeed.;)
xoxo
Zuzana

Absolutely Ladylike said...

Oh Julie, what a fantastic attitude...I love your motto.

Sometimes I can take life too seriously and focus on the negative things...I'm just so stressed I will do mistakes...or wrong choices...

Thanks for the kind reminder...I LOVED it and I needed to hear this...

Have a great Sunday, much love: Evi