Sunday, November 22, 2009

To LIFE!


Before heading out to shop for my Thanksgiving dinner necessities today, I took a quick 'inventory' of the wines I had at home. I was so excited when I came upon this beautiful bottle of Perrier Jouet 1995 Champagne Cuvee! I had stored it away safely--'saving for a special occasion'-- and I had actually forgotten all about it!

Because I received the champagne as a gift nearly 10 years ago, I thought I'd take a quick look at what it costs today...
(Click to make larger...it's the 1.5L bottle.)
Amazing, huh?
I will ABSOLUTELY be popping it open for Thanksgiving and will ENJOY each drop of its deliciousness with my parents, my four sisters and their families and Allison and Zachary!
I can't think of an occasion more worthy!
I'm anxious to see what a $325 champagne tastes like...
(and we'll be very careful not to spill any!)

6 comments:

Zuzana said...

WOW! I hope you enjoy this wonderful bottle of golden liquid; to life certainly, I wish I could be there with you Julie.;)
xoxo

PETE Di LALLO said...

Holy Mackerel!
Good gosh!
Sacre Bleu!!!

We won't be late for this Thanksgiving...

Gina Vistaunet said...

How nice. We had nice Champagne last year too. Dr. Dink will be very happy.

BUM said...

Boy I can't wait to just see the bottle. What a way to celebrate. See you there! Mom

Sarah said...

Wow! As someone who has no clue about wine, that seems like a lot of money for a drink....I can't imagaine paying that much money for Diet Coke! :) Is is it supposed to taste better?

Unknown said...

This sounds very mice, Julie!