Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I've looked at life from both sides now...

Went to see my Aunt Angie tonight...she is literally on her deathbed.
Angie and I met for breakfasts once a month or so for years and years and years and we ALWAYS celebrated our birthdays together.
She was a TRUE friend and a CONSTANT encouragement!
Tonight, though she seemed to respond to my voice and even slightly look at me, she was basically incoherent.
Today was her 86th birthday.
I'm so glad I was able to be with her.
On a much brighter note, I took my nephew, Thatcher, to the DMV today to take his driver's permit test...and he got a 98%!! Woo Hoo! Thatcher has had his eye on my Passat Wagon for a couple of years now...he'll be 16 in January and will be purchasing the car from me! (Well, I'm making him a pretty good deal...)
Congratulations Thatcher!

6 comments:

Zuzana said...

What a lovely post about your aunt, sorry that she is not well...
Your nephew is so cute, and wow he did really well.;)
xoxo

BUM said...

Angie was a doll and loving and kind.How wonderful to leave ONLY good memories behind. She will be missed!!!

BUM said...

Thatcher will make a great driver..Thanks for taking him.

Unknown said...

Julie: I have your aunt in my thoughts and prayers. A lovely post about her. There is a certain amount of freedom you have at 16 when you earn a drivers license. This reminded me of that time in my own life.:)

Sarah said...

Are you going to be getting a certain sports car??

leesa said...

i cry everytime i read your blogs.i miss all of you!!!! why isn't there a reality show called... the dodgers angel ??