Friday, November 6, 2009

This Is It!

Though I was not particularly enthusiastic about going to see the movie, Sonja strongly encouraged a group of us to meet for dinner (and drinks...) and afterward to see Michael Jackson's "This Is It." Sonja's husband, Brandon, was one of the four (incredible) editors on the project.
At this point, we were already having a good time, I honestly figured that I would laugh through the movie and, post a couple of drinks, might even take a little snooze during the film. (We did laugh a lot while asking random men to take the above photo over and over again!) Having never been a big Michael Jackson fan, I was really going to hang out with the girls and to support Sonja and Brandon.All that to say, I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE MOVIE! It is spectacular! I truly have an entirely new view of Michael Jackson and I could not believe how much I enjoyed every minute of the film. The songs reminded me of the early MTV days when my sister, Debra, and I would attempt to learn all of Michael's dance routines from watching the videos over and over again. And the EDITING!! Amazing!! Honestly, Sonja told us that there was over 200 hours of footage edited to make the film...from the Jackson 5 clips to the rehearsals scenes, to the phenomenal new videos that were being shot for the concert...it was absolutely fabulous. I can't wait to take Allison...and my mother...and see it again.
Yeah Brandon!!
Alvin and the Chipmunks awaited us in the theater lobby...when we are together, we forget that it's been a few years since we were in high school. And, singing (and enjoying Sonja's dancing) to Michael Jackson tunes on the way out, it kinda felt like we were back in the 80s. Not a whole lot of places I would have rather been last night.
Nope. This is it.

6 comments:

Allison said...

I, for one, am very excited to see it.

Zuzana said...

Glad you enjoyed the movie, I have heard good things about it.;) Have a lovely Friday.
xo

BUM said...

I'm very excited to see the film...but more now that you have endorsed it. I've always been a fan, Mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the support, before (agreeing to see it) and after (loving it)!!! That's what friends are for. I love you!!

Kelly said...

I had such a great time last night...but I always do when I'm with you! And I get to see you again tonight!! How lucky am I? XO

Lisa Marie said...

It looks like you ladies all enjoyed healthy salads and such at the Cheesecake Factory...I'm impressed! I always order the four-cheese pasta when I go there ;-)