Sunday, August 23, 2009

Her name is true...*

A friend of mine is about to have her first baby--a girl they will name Margaret Rose. Margaret after her Grandmother and Rose after his Grandmother. And they will be calling her Maggie.
(Dang cute, I must admit.)
I started to think that it probably would have been nice if I had named Allison after one of her Grandmothers. It would have been a great tribute too as each of her Grandmothers and Great-Grandmothers were still around at the time of her birth!
Then I began to list the names of Allison's grandmothers:
Marlene, Dorothy, Donas, Camilla,
Henriette and Myrtle

Hmm...which of these names to you think would have been more fitting than Allison?
Yeah, I was quickly reminded of why she was not named after one of the grandmas.
Although, you gotta admit, "Henriette Hibbard" does have a special kind of ring to it!
*anyone get the title?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Aaaa . . lison, your name is true," by Elvis Costello. But I'm cheating 'cuz I've known that since before she was born.

Allison said...

I couldn't be happier that people call me Alice instead of "Henni"

Zuzana said...

I like Henriette.;)) Or Henrietta, as it would be in my language.;))
But Alison sounds great to me nevertheless.;))

BUM said...

PLEASE you did me and Allison a favor by not naming her after me . It took 69 years for anyone to like my naME AND ACTUALLY tell me that they love it...my mother can finally be proud. And my mother's name Camilla...She always hated it and today movie stars use it.. You never hurt my feelings..I can't imagine anyone naming a precious baby girl any of the names you mentioned.Especially mine!

Bhushavali said...

Congrats to your friend.. :)
And 'Welcome to this world' Margaret Rose... :)
My Travelogue