Sunday, August 9, 2009

Ben there, done that

Early this morning at work, Stephen and Ben were talking about giving and receiving bouquets of flowers. I walked up mid conversation and mentioned that it had been probably been three or four years since anyone had given me flowers, but that I frequently purchase them for myself at Trader Joe's.
We each went on to work a very busy Sunday at the restaurant. Conversation over...or so I thought.

Late this afternoon, Ben walked into the office where I was working-and handed me a beautiful bouquet of flowers...
I don't know if I can adequately describe the joy I felt--suffice it to say that tears welled up in my eyes. This thoughtful young man--many hours later and for no reason whatsoever--had figured out a way to not only go purchase flowers--but to absolutely make my day!
What makes this even more special is that the last person who did give me flowers was Stephen, the other man from the conversation this morning! He brought them for me at my Master's Dinner just about four years ago.
Now THAT'S a wow

3 comments:

Zuzana said...

There are still plenty of good men in this world.;)) I am so happy you received flowers; you should have a fresh bouquet every day Julie.;))
xo

BUM said...

You are so clever. I enjoy everything you write.The pictures are great. Thanks for sharing. Mom

Lisa Marie said...

Fewer things make me happier than receiving flowers! What nice guys!! So fun!!