Thursday, June 18, 2009

One day a year...

My home is on the same street as the local high school. This causes trouble for about 15 minutes every afternoon (and I have learned to avoid those exact minutes) and for exactly one full day each year: Graduation Day, which was today.
All week there were signs posted up and down our street WARNING residents of traffic delays and parking issues on 6/18. Well, for those of us who have lived here a few years now, we know to either plan to lock ourselves in our homes all day on that day...or to GET OUT and STAY OUT. Today, I chose the latter.
I left the house early this morning and have just returned. And avoided every single bit of it! Not even a traffic cone left!
What did I do all day? Here's a little taste of my very enjoyable day away from home.
I can hardly wait til next year!



No comments: