Sunday, June 21, 2009

HAPPY Father's Day!

This is probably the first Father's Day...ever??...that I won't see my sweet Dad, as he and my mom are up in San Francisco with my two sisters this weekend! Thankfully, though, I get to see him about once a week throughout the rest of the year!
My Dad has an incredible work ethic, an amazing sense of humor and an enviable desire to love and make people happy! He is also the root of my passion for baseball! Having FIVE daughters, I think my Dad was determined to make each of us "well-rounded." Taking us fishing and camping...teaching us how to to check and add oil to our car. We all learned how to mow the lawn and to fix things around the house. He encouraged us to play softball...to run for class office....and to love Vin Scully. Obviously, there were no "boy things" and "girl things" in our family. These were just things we did with our dad. I honestly think my sisters and I are all better people for that.
And, I gotta tell ya, to this day, a day at the ballgame with my dad is still my happiest place on earth. How lucky can a girl get?
Love you Pops!

2 comments:

Silver Eye Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Silver Eye Photography said...

Julie, you have the best Dad ever. He is so sweet, he makes me feel always welcome. You are so fortunate. Nancy Ramos