Saturday, December 27, 2008

Some of the greatest people I've never known...

I love to blog and I definitely feel like I have to blog every day. Yep, my name is Julie and...well, I love to write. I love to share, not just my life, but all the JOY I have for life! Blogging has been the perfect outlet/hobby/pastime (whatever) for me over the last few years...it has fulfilled me, and enriched my world in so many ways! It has also brought with it one surprisingly satisfying bonus which was completely unexpected--the amazing people I have "met" along the way! The other people who love to write and who share their joy through blogging. These folks have been an especially enjoyable addition to my life that maybe only other bloggers can really understand. All week I look forward to seeing new pictures of Sarah's children and reading about their adventures. I love to see where Shannon's photo shoots have taken her and enjoying her unique style! I anticipate Trevor's next YouTube discovery and value his opinion on baseball trades. And I SO enjoy Dick's memories (especially the photographs!) from the good old days.
Oh, by the way, I've never actually seen or talked to any of these people. We only know each other through the Internet, through blogging, through comments to one another. But I gotta tell you--they are some of the kindest, most loving people I've never met. Reading and keeping up with their blogs has invited me into their life! I care about these people and, over the years, they have become genuine friends. They have encouraged me. They have supported me. They have been happy for me! They have not only shared my joy, they have become part of it. Each day I look forward to reading their blogs and sharing their joy and returning their love and encouragement...be it ever so virtually.
Here are a few of my favorite people that I have never met.
Love you guys.
(Click on their name so you can share in their joy too...)Shannon

3 comments:

Dick said...

This has been an interesting year, Julie. I started blogging in February and have posted some 85 plus stories of happenings in my life. In the process I found your blog and have enjoyed your journey. That is correct -- we have never met and yet I feel that we have known each other. I enjoy your daughter's blog from Kenya and have never met her either. Blogging is a way to meet interesting people and have a conversation with them even though it is not face to face. Thanks for the plug on my blog. I don't get many hits but have picked up a few "good" friends.

Heather Leith said...

alright, time to come clean.

i read your blog every day. i love it.

shannon is my sister, and i go to saddleback, so i know allison, and i read her blog, so in turn, i found yours. and i have been reading it for a long time.

so that is how i "know" you!
keep up the great writing.

Shannon said...

i think i just literally cried when i saw myself on this...............

julie.
i love your joy for life too----- its something that few people have.

love it!
you're the best!
thanks for totally making my day!

(i might blog about my horrible day at the verizon store.... i hate buying new cell phones.... it depressed me. bleh.)