Saturday, June 14, 2008

I love (everything about) my job

The wall behind my desk at work has been yearning for a beautiful painting for years.
Thursday, the men from the Redfern Gallery brought this MASTERPIECE to be displayed in that very spot! It is "Keyhole Montage" by Gregory Hull and it is absolutely FABULOUS! I had so many people stop at my desk to admire that painting yesterday...
I am thrilled to have it as part of my daily work world!
More great stuff going on at the resort...
Our pastry chefs made 500 chocolate elephants as part of a dessert for an event this weekend. The elephants will be filled with angel food cake, custard, raspberries, blueberries and topped with white chocolate mouse. Oh, and there will be a red 'ball' of chocolate balance on his trunk!
I was invited to join some fellow associates at The Yard House after work. Rio and Patrick are part of our purchasing department at the resort--and they are faithful readers of the blog! So fun to kick back and enjoy time with these people when I am NOT back in their area bugging them to find my guests' boxes!
The food at the Yard House is spectacular! This is my delicious seared ahi salad. I tried a little bit of everyone's food...really good stuff!
Lupe is one of the first people I met at Montage three years ago. She encouraged me as I was going through that really tough personal season and has continued to be a JOY to see and talk to every day!
She also thinks I look like Alice in Wonderland...
(OK, how about Alice's slightly older sister?)

LOVE my job...my friends...my life!

No comments: