Thursday, May 31, 2012

Leaving May behind...


I woke up Tuesday morning and did something I hadn't done for almost three weeks...
I got on the scale.
I was up NINE POUNDS from the last time I weighed myself--which was before the multiple wonderful, continuous birthday celebrations, parties and food fests.

Interestingly, I didn't cry when I saw the number come up.
(I'll admit, I sometimes do in these situations.)
I didn't even really get very mad. (Which I OFTEN do in these situations!)

Nope, instead, I decided it was time to put May behind me and get back on track.
Time to take control again. And that feels SO good.

I have watched every single thing I have eaten since Tuesday morning.
No cupcakes, no calzones, and no chocolate.
No guacamole,  no chips and no Margaritas...
(If I had to choose one meal to eat for the rest of my life, it would be chips and guacamole and Margaritas...with a donut for dessert.)

Nope, instead, I went back to fruit and yogurt and scrambled egg beaters.
I went to the gym all three days...(and have finally figured out how to read a book while on the treadmill! Talk about productivity!)
And I drank LOTS and LOTS of water.
And it works.

I was already down 3.5 pounds this morning.
After a LIFETIME of battling my weight...I no longer need to put up a fight.
I thoroughly enjoy the celebrations and definitely delight in delicious desserts...

But I know when it's time to get back on track...
And OH how I LOVE to watch the weight fall off.

I gotta tell ya, nothing tastes as good as that.

5 comments:

md said...

Every pound on you is sixteen ounces of sweetness. Whether you are at 129 or 169 you are an inspiration for life. 138

Zuzana said...

Well Julie, 9 pounds is not that much, I am sure it looks only good on you.;)
I on the other hand since I met my husband (and he too btw) have gained about 20 pounds. I guess we just enjoyed our tie together with wine and good food.;)
So we decided to both get in shape while we are away from each other. Yes, May is gone and so are my 21 days without him and also 9 extra pounds. Plus my body is slowly getting back into shape. I love to watch the process.;) I too know how to do this as I have done it so many times in my life and it is possible to do at any age, no matter what people say. All you need is determination, consistency and discipline.;)
Have a great weekend dear Julie,
xoxo

Ash said...

Wow, that's very impressive. Hats off to your determination! ( You've inspired me to do the same now!)

Sweet Lu said...

Once again your blog motivates me. I too have noticed the pounds (wish I could say ounces) have been creeping up. And I am equally impressed with what happens when there are little changes in the daily routine. My treat will be a hot dog and beer at the baseball game in a few weeks! :)

Sonja said...

I thought your most favorite meal in the whole world was biscuits and gravy?