Tuesday, May 22, 2012

BE where you are...

This week I posted the picture above on Facebook.
Immediately people started to comment, "Are you in Italy?!" and "Oh, I hope you're in Italy!"
To which AT FIRST, I wanted to write, "I wish..."
...but then I realized...I didn't wish that at all!

I am EXACTLY where I want to be right now. I don't want to be in Italy today.
Hell, I was seriously STOKED to BE in Tustin tonight!

The photo was taken in Cinque Terre, Italy in September 2010 and, don't get me wrong--it was phenomenal! It is one of the most gorgeous places I have ever been, and I get GREAT JOY re-living that happiness when I look at the photographs from that amazing trip.

But I don't wish I was there right now.
I suppose, really, I COULD be there right now, if I really wanted to be.

And the truth is...I am SO good where I am right this minute...
and every day, really!
I like my job and LOVE being there.
I really love my friends and LOVE being with them...
I am madly in love with my HOME and truly love being HERE!

I think, overall and honestly, the key to ALL happiness is being happy where you are.
Not wishing you were somewhere else or in another situation or HOPING for things to change...
Accepting things exactly the way they are--and being OH SO grateful for the joy that those things bring--is the ultimate way to be happy!

But oh yeah, how I love Italy! I have traveled extensively through the country TWICE now...and have loved every second of it. I look forward to another trip...through the south end of the country--one day soon.

But, in the meantime-- I also love Aliso Viejo! I truly love Laguna Beach!
I freaking love Tustin and Orange and Lake Forest too!

Today, I love life...exactly where I am.
And, no matter where you are, I hope you do too.

Oh, the picture? Well, more than anything else, it just kinda fit in that new Facebook Timeline spot more than anything else.
And sure, I loved being in Cinque Terre...
but damn, sitting here, right now, in my jammies on the couch, feet up--with a glass of wine in my hand--blogging and watching the Dodger game...

yep...it's exactly where I want to be.

2 comments:

Sweet Lu said...

Living life in the present....it is truly a present! I can't wait for the next trip but yes, I value where I am a right now too.

Zuzana said...

Oh, I was one of those people, even if I did not comment on FB.;) And I so get what you mean, - live today - is the best motto ever.;)) I am happy to hear that everything is is so prefect in your life right now.;)
xoxo