Sunday, July 10, 2011

You can call me Betty...

Sometimes size matters...
Still have enough zucchini for another batch!
When my dear friend gave me this GORGEOUS, home-grown zucchini, I KNEW immediately I would be grating it up to make several loaves of spectacular bread! I spent a little time on line searching for the most amazing sounding recipe and then ran to the market to get everything I needed for...
I was very quickly reminded of how much I love baking!! It always seems like almost a miracle to me that you can take flour and sugar and eggs and a giant zucchini--and with just the right amounts of all of them, mixed ever so perfectly with a 'tsp' of this and a 'Tbsp' (and the 'zest' of one orange) that you can come out with something that makes your mouth water and actually tastes so phenomenal. (I did lick the batter off the spatula..a few times--oh and there is no way I'd ruin it by putting nuts in it!) I also forgot how very warm and inviting the house feels when the aroma of something delicious is wafting throughout the place. It was a good experience in so many ways.

Of course I won't actually EAT any of the breads...
(ok...I may try a bit...they are calling my name right now!)
but I will definitely be sharing them with friends this week.

The first one goes to my favorite zucchini farmer.

5 comments:

PETE Di LALLO said...

Dear Betty.
Do you think your bread goes well with beer? (during the All-Star game)

Julie Hibbard said...

Absolutely! I've got a loaf with YOUR name on it too, Pops. And a six pack of Corona to enhance the flavor!

robin_brown_62 said...

Wish I could watch it with you two! Sounds like a great time!

PETE Di LALLO said...

Robin, the game is being held in your home town...you could go to it in person and then we would wish we were with you...

robin_brown_62 said...

But then I wouldn't get the amazing homemade bread and beer! And sitting between you and Julie!