Monday, May 30, 2011

UPDATE* 50 things to do before I'm 50!*





This is to update my progress thus far--
with nine months to go.

Bolded and italicized means it has now been accomplished!


  1. Meet Vin Scully!
  2. Go skiing
  3. Get all my photo albums truly organized
  4. Enjoy a night at a five star hotel
  5. Go on a road trip (happening this week!)
  6. Own a nice camera
  7. Visit NYC and live like a local
  8. Be 100% debt free
  9. Have a garden
  10. Weigh less than I did in High School.
  11. Rent a Porsche for a day or two
  12. Have an informal reunion with all the folks I am re-meeting on Facebook
  13. Attend a baseball playoff game (I have gone to many now!)
  14. Kiss the man I love
  15. Watch the sunset on a beach
  16. Skinnydip
  17. Re-read Great Expectations and The Great Gatsby and READ READ READ
  18. Go to an All Star game
  19. Attend a World Series game
  20. Visit the Chapel of St. Catherine of Siena--in Siena, Italy.
  21. Go to Las Vegas
  22. Stand under a waterfall
  23. Buy and own a home again
  24. Meet some of my fellow bloggers
  25. Kiss someone special at midnight on New Year's Eve
  26. Write out a will
  27. Simplify my life...get rid of all this STUFF
  28. Play tennis again
  29. Ride in a hot air balloon
  30. Fly first class
  31. Enjoy a celebration at Club 33
  32. Ride a horse
  33. See the tattoo completely fade away
  34. Fall in love
  35. Spend a weekend at a Spa
  36. Sit behind home plate at a Dodgers game
  37. See the NEW Yankee Stadium
  38. See the Leaning Tower of Pisa
  39. Go wine tasting/vodka tasting/tequila tasting
  40. Throw out the first pitch at a ballgame and/or
  41. Sing the National Anthem at a ballgame
  42. See at least 10 of the 30 ballparks (Up to NINE at this point!)
  43. Watch every episode of Friends--in order
  44. Ride a bike at the beach
  45. Eat a whole cinnamon roll
  46. Go bowling again
  47. Learn the joy of doing nothing
  48. Get something published
  49. Be the happiest girl in the whole USA!
  50. Have the GREATEST 50th birthday celebration of all time!

4 comments:

Zuzana said...

My dearest Julie, I have seen the Grand Canyon, I have a garden;), I have been skiing and skinny dipping, I have watched a sunset on a beach (numerous times), I have kissed a man I loved (but not in Italy), I have ridden a horse and met a fellow blogger.;)
But I definitely still need to simplify my life and get rid of all that stuff!
Great post and am happy to see that you have done so much of what you planned.;)
Thank you for your great comment yesterday dear friend - hope to meet you one of these days to help you achieve another goal on your list.;))
xoxo

TSHarrison said...

Great list!
I've done 8 of those.
However, I'm not inclined to try some, like: "kiss the man I love...in Italy" or "be the happiest girl in the USA" - those just aren't for me.

PETE Di LALLO said...

TS is funny...
I offer the following to save you some time in wrapping up your list of 50 things...some of them are not worth it and here they are: trust me...
camping is not that much fun...there are bugs, bears and lotsa strange sounds you don't want to hear...
sailing sucks big time...motor boats are where it's at...
sky diving? for fools...
cinnamon rolls...GREAT!
watch a sunset? stay later
horses? are high and bumpy...get your thrills in a Porsche...
read every Dickens? get a Kindle...they would be free!

Gina Vistaunet said...

Thatch can help you with the surfing one and you can come over on a Sunday and I will help with the cinnamon roll one. How come you have never seen the Grand Canyon? I have. Didn't we go there on our 6 month vacation with mom and dad?