Sunday, April 26, 2015

I like the way you move...

I have lived at SEVEN different addresses in the last TEN years. I have to admit, I kinda like that.
When I moved this last time (almost four years ago now) I thought it would be the last time...well, I knew it would be the last time for a while.
Then Dave moved in.
Not that we need more room for the two of us. We would just LIKE a little more space. He has cousins who live in St. Louis and it's been disappointing to not be able to offer them a place to stay when they come visit. And...we both love gardening. Flowers, vegetables...we MISS growing things.
I got the ('time to move') bug about a month ago and looked up how much my home was worth.
I was shocked. It has gone up in value nearly $200,000 since August of 2011.
I talked with Dave a bit and decided to call my Realtor.
So...we went out and looked at houses today.
We know what we're looking for--three bedrooms and a yard. Nothing too fancy...nothing too big.
I realized that Dave and I, though both in our 50s and both having bought and sold many homes--had never purchased one together. It was fun to look at the houses and SEE us there. And our kids. And our family. And our FRIENDS!
As we looked at each one we said, "Oh good, plenty of parking!"
We have looked about a dozen at this point and have narrowed it down to one that we both really like. In our neighborhood--distance wise and finance wise as well! 
Trick is, we have to sell ours to buy anything else.
That's ok too. Cause I love cleaning up, throwing things out and getting a house on the market!
Tonight our house is CLEAN and bright and ready for photographers to come in tomorrow.
As this will be the EIGHTH place I've lived in 10 years, I don't stress about it too much.
If this house that we like doesn't work out, there are many more out there.
Do you know anyone in the market for a two bedroom two full baths 1078 square foot condo?!
Let me know.
I love starting over.
I have a feeling this next move will be the last one.
Oh, heck. Who am I kidding.

No comments: