Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Things that make me (even) HAPPY (er)

  1. Sitting in my jammies, wrapped up in a blanket...just me, my laptop and Vin Scully.
  2. Sharing (and thoroughly enjoying!) delicious fluffy, butter soaked, warm, delicious pancakes...with bites of bacon on top, of course!
  3. Having something to look forward to--dinner out, a baseball game, a reunion with high school classmates...I'll often count down the time by texting to a friend, "5 more hours!", "3 more hours!"...
  4. Clean sheets. Clean towels. Clean clothes. Clean house. Clean Fridge. Clean! So funny that I love living alone because my house can always be clean. My friend, Lu, loves living alone because her house never HAS to be clean...
  5. Thinking about getting in a car and just driving away...stopping at a fruit stand on the side of the road...eating a piece of warm cherry pie (a la mode, of course) at a tiny little diner somewhere in the middle of nowhere, taking pictures at the world's largest ball of twine (or something just as interesting and obscure), ending up wherever we end up...oh...and talking the entire way...
  6. Flossing. Seriously. It feels SO good!
  7. Spending a happy hour with a dear friend. Talking, laughing, crying, sharing, caring, hoping, wishing, dreaming...Seriously, the $4 martinis are merely a bonus.
  8. Being debt free. There is nothing quite like the feeling of not owing anything to anyone. And, perhaps almost better than that...knowing that no one owes me anything either. 
  9. Laughing out loud. And, of course, making someone else laugh out loud. Laughing together just might be the best of all.  
  10. Waking up at 4am and spending an hour with a cup of coffee (ok, two...), catching up on Facebook, reading emails and enjoying blogs.
  11. Sharing joy. Sharing tears. Sharing feelings. Sharing.
  12. Weighing under 130. Slipping my size 6 jeans on. Zipping up my work suits and having a little breathing room. 
  13. A surprise text message during the day. 
  14. Sitting out by the pool with a book. 
  15. My sweet little home. 
  16. Celebrating others. And with others. Celebrating. (There's SO much to celebrate.)
  17. Dancing. Anywhere. Singing. Anything...anywhere.
  18. The stock market NOT going down.
  19. Enjoying the moment. THIS moment. It'll never come again. 
  20. Kissing. And being kissed. A lot. And lots of smiling in between.
  21. Laying in bed. Relaxing. Sitting down. Resting. Breathing.
  22. Writing. Reading (and enjoying) someone else's writing. 
  23. Fresh bread (with lots of REAL butter!) Donuts. Sprinkles cupcakes. Chocolate Chip cookies. REAL ice cream. Dark Chocolate Molasses Chips. Dark Chocolate Raisinettes. Dark Chocolate. Strawberry milkshakes. Breakfast Jacks. Cinnamon Rolls. (Just because I rarely partake does not mean that I don't DREAM and DESIRE every single one of these items...OFTEN!)
  24. Love. Hope. Life's unexpected little treats...
  25. My very simple life. 
 I am so happy...and so grateful...tonight.

2 comments:

md said...

This is a very HAPPY list!!! 138

Zuzana said...

Dear Julie, what an uplifting post, you list so many things that make me happy too, it is nice to be reminded of them.;) Have a great *happy* weekendn.;)
xoxo