Monday, June 4, 2012

...it's that 'beyond' part I guess

My sister, Leesa, gave me a gift card to Bed, Bath & Beyond for my birthday last month. I had never been to the store, but perused their website and then actually held on to the gift card for a couple of weeks trying to figure out what I might need to buy.
Over this last weekend, as the evenings began to warm up, I took my down comforter off my bed. While I was washing it, I remembered that the zippered plastic cover that I had always stored it in had ripped when I got it out this last winter. Immediately I thought--Hey, I'll go buy a new one at Bed Bath & Beyond!
Yesterday I got off work a little early and stopped at the Laguna Niguel BB&B store to get the cover.
I have to admit, the store is truly daunting. There is SO much stuff in there! There are things I never knew existed and certainly would never have thought of needing. I walked around for a little bit, looked their selection of HUNDREDS of picture frames and their stock of cookie sheets--of which there are DOZENS of sizes and brands to choose from--and realized quickly that I really just wanted to get the cover for the comforter and get out. Too much stuff!
I asked one of the guys working there where I could find one. He said he was pretty sure they didn't have anything like that, and because all their comforters COME one of those zippered storage bags, they didn't sell them separately.
I was kind of bummed and decided that I would go ahead and purchase a giant new cookie sheet and a couple of black frames for my dresser instead. I also found a package of 12 new cloth napkins for 10 bucks (I love cloth napkins...) which put me at right about the amount of the gift card.
Passing aisles and aisles of incredible amounts of STUFF...(Honestly, have you been to this place? It's literally stacked and piled and stocked to the CEILING with stuff!) I made my way to the front desk.  I asked the girl at the counter one more time about the comforter storage and she agreed that they didn't carry anything like that. She checked me out (I was $2.32 cents over the gift card) and placed all of my items in a VERY thick, large plastic Bed, Bath & Beyond bag.
As I carried my treasures out to the car I was still thinking--Shoot...what am I going to store that comforter in?
It wasn't until I got home and put everything away that I held that giant, thick, durable--empty--plastic bag in my hand...and smiled big.

It fits perfectly.
Thank you, Leesa

3 comments:

Dongo said...

Nice!

Sweet Lu said...

I am going to BB & B and getting some free comforter cover! Thanks for the idea. :)

Sonja said...

And the best part was running into me in the parking lot, right?