Thursday, March 8, 2012

10 things that are very hard for me to admit...

  1. My knees creak and crack. Though, for YEARS, I thought it was my staircase, I recently realized that I no longer live in that house. Different stairs...same creaks.
  2. My children are in their late 20s and, in fact, my daughter will be 30 this year. (I must say this is harder for HER to admit than me, but still...) Funny that I don't feel any older. But I must be.
  3. I had a hot flash last month. OK, it was actually in January, and, sure, it was only once...but there was no doubt about it.
  4. I am not nearly as 'bendy' as I used to be. I can't believe all the CRACKING that goes on when I get out of bed each day.
  5. I don't ever want to be a burden to anyone. I SO pride myself on being totally independent.
  6. I am virtually unable to stay up past 10pm. And actually, have no desire.
  7. I am unable to sleep past 6am...though it's getting harder to get up at 4am.
  8. The gray in my hair now necessitates the coloring of it every three weeks.
  9. I will start my 50th year of life in about 2 months. I will actually turn 50 in 14 months.
  10. I am afraid of getting older. I'm only good at being young.

5 comments:

Zuzana said...

Dear Julie, as you wrote in your comment to me, I can so relate to everything you say.;) I too have to colour my hair and hate it.;) And I fall asleep in front of the TV leaning against P almost every night right before 10PM.;)) He jokes about it all the time and even the kids now know that when we see a movie together, Zuzana can see it again as she will see only the first half.;) I blame it on the long commute, but it is mostly likely the age, hihi.;)
Love the image, I searched the net to find one but never did so I had to make my own.;)
Have a great weekend,
xoxo

Sweet Lu said...

Reality can be a bitch. I think maybe if we kick and scream we might be able to hold it off for a little longer. But...keeping on the sunnyside of life, we'll always find a way to enjoy it and make the best of it. You say you don't want to depend on anyone to take care of you, what you forget dear friend, is that so many of your friends (me included) would find it a pleasure. :) I love you.

Sonja said...

I can't believe you admitted these things, you've been fighting them for so long. Hang on a little longer - you're the youngest 48 year old I know!

md said...

You are the hottest 48 year old that I know. And I am sure that you are plenty bendy!138

sprinkles said...

When I was a kid, I remember my mom's knees would crack whenever she'd bend down too.

I color my hair too. I used to do it just for the fun of a new hair color but now I do it to hide the gray.

I used to have to always show ID whenever I'd go out to the bars. Not so much anymore. I miss looking so young.