Sunday, February 6, 2011

Frugal Rocks

Frugal Update:

Today, I saved $32.14 at the market. I had several coupons, my Ralph's club card and they now deduct 5cents for each reusable bag you bring in. I had four.

I sold $630 worth of stuff on Craig's list this weekend. Sure, I am running out of things to sit on, but heck, I don't sit down very often anyway.

I have been eating (low carb) pancakes three or four nights a week. I make up one batch and eat two a day...I've figured up that that's just about 75cents per meal. And may I just say, smothered in "I can't believe it's not butter light"--they are delicious. You can't beat that!

Having turned off my cable last year, I've been watching every single movie I own (watching Young Frankenstein right now.) Amazingly, I'm saving $80 a month and enjoying movies I haven't seen in years.

I gotta admit...I love living like this.

PS I have not been to Target yet this year. My goal is to not go there...well, ever again actually. I am buying my toiletries and household items at Wal Mart. Unlike my trips to Target, I am not tempted by anything else at Wal Mart.

5 comments:

Sonja said...

C'mon, what about all that hot apparel at WalMart?? I love being frugal, too. (Too bad kids cost so much!) Great title - I wonder how many people without kids got it??

Sonja said...

OMG my word verification word on that last comment was "pregi." I hope I'm not!

TSHarrison said...

Wal-Mart for Target? Wow! That's commitment.
Proud of you Julie.

Zuzana said...

You are an inspiration.;) I will try to simplify as well.,)
xoxo

Leah Mazur said...

I LOVE saving! It's an art, really. Good luck, and send me your low carb pancake recipe, will ya? Love you! xoxo