Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Billy--Holiday Dinner

Tonight was OH so enjoyable! My mom and Gina and I had an incredibly delicious dinner at Lucille's (culminating in the decadent desserts below) with our amazing friend of about 35 years...Billy!
OK, he is now "Bill" to most people, but heck, old habits die hard and he will always be Billy to us! For many, MANY years, my mother drove us all in a carpool down to St. Catherine's School in Laguna.
OH the stories we tell of those days...the singing and laughing and fighting...how many kids CAN you get in a Volkswagen Bus? Gotta thank my mom for all those afternoon stops for 18 cent scoops at Baskin Robbin where Billy got a tasting spoon of Rocky Road and then ordered Vanilla...every single time.
Still among our favorite memories...
And we wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
SO much fun to get together and reminisce...
And, of course, Banana Pudding and Red Velvet Cake are the stuff NEW memories are made of.
This is Heaven to me*
*happens to be a Billie Holiday song

3 comments:

Zuzana said...

Mmmm, that desert looks incredible!
Glad you had a lovely day.;)
xo
Zuzana

BUM said...

I would do it all over again!! I remember that car pool through rain, sleet, winds, washed out canyon roads,pregnancies, infants,18cent ice creams, giant hills (up and down).I remember being the "milk lady"...the" McDonald's" lady " ...the "craft lady".. the PTA president....etc sometime all at the same time..Leaving Leesa at the school,driving all those kids before seat belts..and having Billy and all my own girls with me every day. Loved it!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great food, conversation, memories... BvD