Friday, November 28, 2008

Sister Act

Tonight was a very special night. My sister, Sarah and I went out to dinner! I know, it doesn't sound that astounding, right? But here's the deal--Sarah and I could not remember EVER having had dinner alone together before. EVER! Perhaps it's because there are three other DiLallo sisters BETWEEN Sarah and me or of course there's the fact that Sarah now lives in Hawaii. We had a lot of catching up to do. And we did.
One thing that seems to have vanished is the difference in our ages--and we are nearly 13 years apart. Tonight we talked about money and homes and raising children and figuring out what we want for our futures. Sarah is so close in age to Allison, I think I have always related to her that way! Until tonight.
As we drank our martinis and talked about life over calamari and goat cheese and amazing ravioli--something seemed to click. While finishing off the evening with a delicious hot fudge sundae...we realized what it was. We felt like sisters. For the very first time.

1 comment:

Eliane said...

That was a good thing. There is nothing like a sister!!!!