Sunday, November 23, 2008

Can't do that to me no you can't do that can't do that...

Yes, it's true! Dr. Mario is making a house call...
After finding the ORIGINAL Nintendo Entertainment System in my parents' storage, I was determined to find my FAVORITE game of all time ASAP!
My kids had Dr. Mario for Nintendo 64 when they were in their mid-teens. I remember this because I became addicted to correctly stacking up those falling pills on the nights I was waiting for them to get home! (I never went to bed til both of them were in the house!) As they got home, they would join me...I quickly became the Hibbard household champ, conquering 'level 17' on several occasions.
Though many tried to beat me, it was only Allison who gave me a run for my money...and I think it was Todd Cooper or Chris Glinski who eventually took my pill-stacking crown. They were incredible masters of this awesome game!
I can't wait to play again, but may need to practice before I am ready to compete again.
I'll let you know when the Doctor is in.

PS The title of this post is the song that I sang when we played...it went with the music of the game. Eventually, we all sang it...
Yeah, I guess you had to be there...

3 comments:

Allison said...

I can't wait to beat you, once again!

PETE Di LALLO said...

Call Dr. Laura!

Sarah said...

I remember getting two GameBoys for Christmas (a hundred years ago) and playing Tetris for hours. That night when I went to bed I couldn't sleep and felt like I had motion sickness. I'd close my eyes and see shapes slowly going down the screen.