Monday, December 10, 2007

You've got mail!

I so enjoy going out to get the mail this time of year. Each day for the next couple of weeks, tucked in between the regular bills and catalogs, there will be two or three hand-addressed, stamped, personal and just for me Christmas cards!
I SO look forward to receiving these Christmas cards each year--especially with an update letter or a picture from my friends--it's one of the few times that any of us write with a pen anymore and I am amazed at how much it still means to me.
This is one tradition that I hope never gets replaced by technology...I love keeping up with everyone through email the rest of the year, but there is something about holding that card in my hand and hanging them all up in my house.
I think the cards are like a collection of friendships--every single one very unique in size, shape and color...yet all sharing a common goal--reminding me--again--of how blessed I really am.

2 comments:

Heather McTaggart said...

I got yours today! SO CUTE, LOVED IT! I am working on mine as we speak! Getting the last of the addresses and off they will go!

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

I agree!