Friday, September 12, 2014

How to be amazingly productive

 It is my day off.
I was at the diagnostic center by 7am to have blood drawn for some routine tests. (If I have to FAST, it's not going to be for long.)
I met my folks and an old friend for breakfast and went to Trader Joe's on the way home.
Here's where the 'how to be productive' part comes in.
Here's how to get a ton of stuff done in a short amount of time:
1. As you come in the house--throw in a load of laundry.
2. While the laundry is going, unload your groceries putting them away ONLY after you have wiped out the fridge and cleared out anything that is A) expired B) old and gross looking.
3. Take 5 minutes to plug in EVERY electronic device you have right now. I have my iPod, iPad, iPhone, laptop, digital camera and extra phone battery ALL charging at this time!
4. Start the dishwasher.
5. Throw the load in the dryer...throw in load #2.
6. At this time--with the washer, dryer and the dishwasher working away you can vacuum and make the bed and wipe down the toilets.
7. Fold the first load and throw load #2 in the dryer. PUT AWAY LOAD #1. (You cannot say you did laundry unless it's put away!)
8. Sit down and answer email. Pay bills. Make out/write out/address and stamp any notes/birthday cards that need to be mailed this week. Wrap any gifts that need to be delivered. Put together items that need to be brought somewhere this weekend...etc.
9. Take out ALL trash--from all the bathrooms, laundry room, office and kitchen. While you're out there, drop the letters and bills in the outgoing mail.
10. Water plants on the front porch on the way back in.
11. Fold and put away load #2.
12. Unload dishwasher.
13. Look through Facebook, Instagram and blogs.
14. Make yourself a cup of coffee.
15. Sit down. It's 5:15. I've got about 15 minutes and it will be time to think about going to workout or play tennis. And then we'll make dinner.
The house is clean. The laundry is done. I'm caught up with the world and ready to relax.
For a half hour or so. Then I'm heading to bed.
Satisfied. 
I love a productive day. 

1 comment:

TSHarrison said...

Thank you! You just outlined my next day off. Seriously. I can't wait, I'm going to be son productive.
Now, can you create for me a playlist for the whole day?