Monday, August 12, 2013

17 years in college...

I should have multiple PhDs with the amount of time I went to college.
I took two and three classes a semester while working and raising a family over 17 years.
People used to say, "Two classes a semester? That's going to take like 15 YEARS to finish...you're going to be like 40 when you graduate!"
I used to answer, "How old will I be in 15 years if I don't go back to school?"
The time passed...and I received my Bachelor's Degree a week after my 37th birthday.
I was the happiest girl at the graduation.
And it STILL makes me happy to know that I have a degree...and that I didn't give up on my dream.

1 comment:

sprinkles said...

Congrats to you! I have a friend who took 10 years to graduate because she just took a few classes here and there. I don't think it's so much the time it took that matters, but the fact that you never gave up!