Monday, September 6, 2010

Cell Block

Though I am not taking a laptop to Europe, I decided to upgrade my phone service to "international" for the two weeks that I will be traveling there.

It's rather expensive to call out, text out or even to receive a call or a text (and YOU will have to pay dearly to call or text ME!) But, let's all agree that it's more than worth it if something urgent comes up and someone needs to get a hold of me.

My sweet, text-loving Dad let me know that he would not be sending me texts throughout the trip (he usually keeps me up to date on Dodgers scores and standings while I'm out of the country) but that he would immediately communicate with me if Frank McCourt sells the Dodgers or if Joe Torre announces his retirement.

Whatever the cost, I have to agree, urgent is urgent folks.

2 comments:

Zuzana said...

Good for you.;) The international cell service in Europe is a scam and it has been mentioned on numerous occasions in the news, that something should be done. It is very inexpensive in your own country but cross the border and the prices will not just double but it can be anywhere up to 10-50x more. I once surfed the net a few minutes a few days and almost ruined myself when I came home.;)
xo

BUM said...

We'll all be here when you come back....so relax and enjoy yourself daily.