Sunday, July 20, 2008

No match for me

So my one month trial with Match.com is over. And I am so glad. No more match game for me. After 1311 views (people who have viewed me), 83 'winks', 47 emails, 6 phone calls and 2 meetings over coffee ...I am calling it quits. I just don't like it.
I don't like having to ignore people...I hate not answering their kind emails. And I feel like I am judging these men by their pictures--which, basically I guess, I am. I don't feel so bad deleting the ones who have their picture with their Ferraris or their five dogs or their picture on a boat at the river with three girls in bikinis! (Yes, really.) Yeah, those are out quickly. Or him with his three little kids? Yeah, out too. Sorry...And, can I be really honest? Unless you are Tom Selleck (or my dad) the moustache just has to go. No thanks. Delete. And then I feel bad.
But, what's harder...is when the ones I LIKE don't write back to ME. Ugh. How could they pass on me? I wink, and they don't wink back. That makes me feel even worse.
I can't stand the feeling of waiting for someone to 'choose' me...checking each day to see if anyone is interested. Between that and having to ignore the 'winkers'...it's been depressing! The phone calls were interesting, and even the coffee chats were ok.
Bottom line, "It's not you, it's me." I mean, it's not them. Really.
It's me.
I am not ready for this. Not at all.
I pulled my profile and canceled the membership. I'm done with the match game.
I feel better already.

2 comments:

Gina Vistaunet said...

I don't think you are missing anything. I've seen those necklace wearing guys on there, and I wouldn't let you date one.

Dick said...

I don't know you, Julie, but i've been reading your blog for a while and you have been reading mine. Thanks for that. I know you are looking for that perfect relationship to complete your life but I think Mr.Right is out there but might take some time to find. You are a unique individual and deserving of the best in life. You have a great family that loves you and many friends that equally love you. Having a wrong relationship is not what you want to have at this time in your life. Enjoy what you have now and the happiness you seek will come when the time is right. Have a wonderful trip to Kenya. I'll look forward to seeing what you will write on your return.