Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Twas the night before Thanksgiving...

It is a long-standing Hibbard tradition to watch "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" on the night before Thanksgiving. I am watching right now...and I seriously know every single line by heart.
"Here's an idea...when you tell a story, have a point! It makes it so much more interesting to the listener!"
"Those aren't pillows!"

This is my favorite scene of all.
Officer: "Do you feel this vehicle is safe for highway travel?"
John Candy: "Yes I do. Yes I really do. I believe that. I know it's not pretty to look at but it'll get you where you're going..."
This makes me CRY laughing every year...
SUCH a good movie...with lots of good memories...

4 comments:

Ange said...

OMG! Jules! It's my family's long standing tradition to watch this movie every Thanksgiving!!! We usually watch it right after the dishes are done...crazy! Love the movie -- classic!!!

Heather McTaggart said...

We watch "Miracle on 34th street" every year on the Friday after Thanksgiving! Love traditions!

PS. Our little neighbor boy was in Planes, Trains and Automobiles! He is still the same size this many years later...poor kid or should I say...short adult now!

Heather McTaggart said...

Confession....I never saw the movie, I just know he was in it. Robert (Robby) Scott was his name, could have been an extra, not sure! Remember..ADD GIRL here, don't really watch too many movies!

Allison said...

Such a great movie! Love it!