Sunday, June 29, 2008

or a baby's arm holding an apple...

Last night I had the GREAT pleasure of seeing The Tubes perform and may I just say, THEY ROCKED! (Just take a minute and look up their songs--I promise, you've heard them!)
And it just got better...we stayed around after the show and were able to meet and talk to the band members. This is Fee Waybill, lead singer of The Tubes for over 30 years and an INCREDIBLE performer! He had five or six costume changes and altered his persona and style throughout the concert--their music is so diverse and totally unique.
Seriously, one of the best shows ever!
My friend knew the guy doing sound for The Tubes last night and we were able to go up in the sound booth and watch part of the show from there. Here's the set list!
And, as is my new usual M.O.--I ended up at the stage. The band was doing a song from the movie "Hedwig and the Angry Inch", thus Fee's AMAZING costume! The guitar player, Roger Steen, is absolutely phenomenal!
The entire show was brilliantly executed and just fantastic!!
Wow...between this and the amazing experience at Dodgers' stadium Friday night...it's been quite a weekend.
Have I mentioned that I have a good life? Oh yeah!

2 comments:

Eliane said...

and you deserve a good life!!! So happy to see you having fun.

Gina Vistaunet said...

I looked them up and I only knew one song. She's a Beauty!
Glad you got so close.