Sunday, June 8, 2008

The most incredible woman I know

After reading of Allison's heroic efforts to save her fellow campers from the giant invading tarantula, (of course she saved the tarantula's life too...she writes, "since I am full of Julie Hibbard DNA...")
I thought I'd let you know that I think Allison Hibbard is TRULY the most incredible woman I know! (And not just because she is my daughter, saves spiders and is, indeed, filled with my DNA.) The picture above is from one of her previous trips to Kitale. I love how the one little girl has her arm wrapped around Allison's. People fall in love with Allison.
They just can't help it.
Yeah, that's her on my shoulders. I was 19.
My sister Lisa was 12 and Sarah was 6!
I have often referred to Allison as "my favorite mistake"...but from the moment she was born, there was no doubt that God had BIG--INTENTIONAL--PLANS for her!
Allison has ALWAYS had the ability to walk into a room and LIGHT IT UP! She has constant energy and her life is filled with love and compassion for EVERYONE she comes in contact with!
(That's cute little Logan in the front!)
Allison is RARELY alone. She surrounds herself with friends and people she loves...and there's always LOTS of students involved! People love to be with HER...she loves life and living. Her great smile and infectious laughter bring JOY to everyone who knows her!
In just about six weeks we'll be leaving for Kenya. I'll be going for two weeks and will be leaving Allison there to fulfill what she truly believes to be God's calling in her life...to live in Kenya for at least the next six months, serving the people (especially those beautiful children) in Kitale.
Allison TRULY is the most incredible woman I know.
And, I swear, I'd say that even if she weren't filled with my DNA.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Oh man...you love me...
Thank you so much for this!
I love you so much!

TSHarrison said...

It's a beautiful relationship that you two have, and I only read about it.

Gina Vistaunet said...

I saw this incredible woman today driving to work at 8:15, and her smile lit up the toll road. She waved like she hadn't seen me in years. She is super cute and you did a fine job raising her.

Suefalla said...

your daughter is awesome
and
you are such a great mom!!