Saturday, June 7, 2008

Have you or haven't you?

I stole this idea from my friend Sarah's blog.
It's a list of 200 Have or Have Nots.
The things in BOLD are the things I have done.
The others I have not...yet.

1. Touched an iceberg

2. Slept under the stars

3. Been a part of a hockey fight
(Seen a lot of them at the games!)

4. Changed a baby’s diaper

5. Watched a meteor shower

6. Given more than you can afford to charity

7. Swam with wild dolphins

8. Climbed a mountain

9. Held a tarantula
(Loved my little pet tarantula!)

10. Said “I love you” and meant it

11. Bungee jumped

12. Visited Paris
(Twice)

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea

14. Stayed up all night long and watched the sun rise

15. Seen the Northern Lights

16. Gone to a huge sporting event
(Many!)

17. Climbed the stairs to the crown of the Statue of Liberty
(Twice!)

18. Grown and eaten your own vegetables

19. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope

20. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
(I grew up in Catholic Church...this happened weekly!)

21. Had a pillow fight

22. Bet on a winning horse
(LOVE going to Del Mar)

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
(Never taken a sick day)

24. Built a snow fort

25. Held a lamb

26. Gone skinny dipping

27. Taken an ice cold bath

28. Had a meaningful conversation with a beggar

29. Seen a total eclipse

30. Ridden a roller coaster

31. Hit a home run

32. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
(Every time I dance)

33. Adopted an accent for fun
(If you have ever hung out with Allison, you have done this!)

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
(Does Jonesboro, Arkansas count?)

35. Felt very happy about your life, even for just a moment
(For a lot longer than a moment...)

36. Loved your job 90% of the time

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied

38. Watched wild whales

39. Gone rock climbing

40. Gone on a midnight walk on the beach
(No. But this would be toward the top of my wish list)

41. Gone sky diving
(this too.)

42. Visited Ireland
(and this one.)

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
(countless times at Coco's...)

44. Visited India

45. Bench-pressed your own weight
(I don't think that would be possible.)

46. Milked a cow
(Bottom of the wish list...)

47. Alphabetized your personal files
(And my CDs and DVDs)

48. Ever worn a superhero costume

49. Sung karaoke

50. Lounged around in bed all day
(One of the best treats you can give yourself!)

51. Gone scuba diving

52. Kissed in the rain
(This is on the wish list too!)

53. Played in the mud

54. Gone to a drive-in theater

55. Done something you should regret, but don’t
(Is it bad that there are a FEW of these??)

56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business
(Hello! I kinda owned a hospital!)

58. Taken a martial arts class

59. Been in a movie
(OK, it was a waitress training video for Coco's...close enough?)

60. Gone without food for 3 days

61. Made cookies from scratch
(And ate LOTS of batter!)

62. Won first prize in a costume contest

63. Got flowers for no reason
(Lots of times...)

64. Been in a combat zone

65. Spoken more than one language fluently
(La plume et sur la table. ok. no.)

66. Gotten into a fight while attempting to defend someone
(never gotten into a fight.)

67. Bounced a check
(MANY! Not in the last three years tho!)

68. Read - and understood - your credit report
(Only in the last three years!)

69. Recently bought and played with a favorite childhood toy
(Chatty Cathy, Bobblehead Dolls, Old Lunch boxes, PEZ dispensers, and more!)

70. Found out something significant that your ancestors did
(My Grandpa John came from Italy through Ellis Island.)

71. Called or written your Congress person

72. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
(Hmm...)

73. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge

74. Helped an animal give birth
(no comment)

75. Been fired or laid off from a job

76. Won money
(I was the name of the day on K-BIG-$500!)

77. Broken a bone

78. Ridden a motorcycle

79. Driven any land vehicle at a speed of greater than 100 mph
(My brother in law's Porsche 911 Turbo!!!)

80. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
(Been there, but didn't hike down. The Brady Bunch did.)

81. Slept through an entire flight: takeoff, flight, and landing
(When I flew to Italy, I took THREE Tylenol PMs and was OUT the whole time!)

82. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
(Not even ONE day, thank God.)

83. Eaten sushi
(Oh Lord YES...LOVE it!)

84. Had your picture in the newspaper

85. Read The Bible cover to cover
(I would say I have read 90%...but never cover to cover.)

86. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about

87. Gotten someone fired for their actions

88. Gone back to school
(Got my Bachelor's Degree a week after my 37th birthday!)

89. Changed your name
(My maiden name is DiLallo)

90. Caught a fly in the air with your bare hands
(we are talking fly ball, right?)

91. Eaten fried green tomatoes
(Come on, my mother is from Arkansas!)

92. Read The Iliad

93. Taught yourself an art from scratch
(Baking? Cooking? Scrapbooking?)

94. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
(For the love of God.)

95. Apologized to someone years after inflicting the hurt
(Still doing this...)

96. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
(I do this at work nearly every day)

97. Been elected to public office
(No. But I have been room mother, team mom and vice president of the music boosters!)

98. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream
(The entire time I was in Europe! And, lots of other days too!)

99. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
(My grandpa John last year)

100. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you
(I couldn't GIVE my artwork to someone who KNEW me)

101. Had a booth at a street fair
(No. But I ran the corn dog booth once)

102. Dyed your hair
(once or twice...)

103. Been a DJ
(Well, I do this every day of my life....)

104. Rocked a baby to sleep
(oh yeah. oh yeah. Loved my babies so much.)

105. Ever dropped a cat from a high place to see if it really lands on all fours
(No. But I have wanted to.)

106. Raked your carpet
(Our RED shag!! Remember Gina? So beautiful!)

107. Brought out the best in people
(I think I have.)

108. Brought out the worst in people
(I hope not.)

109. Worn a mood ring

110. Ridden a horse

111. Carved an animal from a piece of wood or bar of soap
(I am sure my mother has. You know, being from Arkansas and all...)

112. Cooked a dish where people asked for the recipe
(All the time. BTS!)

113. Buried a child

114. Gone to a Broadway play
(Many many many many!)

115. Been inside the pyramids

116. Shot a basketball into a basket

117. Danced at a disco

118. Played in a band

119. Shot a bird

120. Gone to an arboretum

121. Tutored someone

122. Ridden a train

123. Brought an old fad back into style

124. Eaten caviar

125. Let a salesman talk you into something you didn’t need

126. Ridden a elephant
(Every year at the fair right before I have my funnel cake!)

127. Published a book
(Maybe someday!)

128. Pieced a quilt
(Will never have the patience.)

129. Lived in an historic place
(Come on! I live in the OC!)

130. Acted in a play or performed on a stage

131. Asked for a raise

132. Made a hole-in-one
(No. But I bowled a 201!)

133. Gone deep sea fishing
(Should have killed it and prepared it for dinner!)

134. Gone roller skating
(Was a regular at Skateway!)

135. Run a marathon
(Absolutely last on my list.)

136. Learned to surf
(Would LOVE to learn to surf!)

137. Invented something
(I totally invented the "pull up"...disposable potty training pants. Tried for a long time to sell the idea. Yeah....and the chip clip! )

138. Flown first class

139. Spent the night in a 5-star luxury suite
(In Venice, Italy. Alone.)

140. Flown in a helicopter
(Over the Swiss Alps!)

141. Visited Africa
(I will next month!!)

142. Sang a solo

143. Gone spelunking
(No. And don't look this up. There are a couple of definitions. No to both.)

144. Learned how to take a compliment
(Yes. And OH how I love to take them.)

145. Written a love-story
(Oh yeah...)

146. Seen Michelangelo’s David
(My oh my yes...)

147. Had your portrait painted

148. Written a fan letter
(To Michael J. Fox)

149. Spent the night in something haunted
(A Victorian B & B in Cape May New Jersey.)

150. Owned a St. Bernard or Great Dane
(How about TWO freaking Afghan Hounds!)

151. Ran away
(See #72)

152. Learned to juggle

153. Been a boss
(And been bossy.)

154. Sat on a jury

155. Lied about your weight
(Come on, I weigh 120. Period!)

156. Gone on a diet
(I LIVE on a diet)

157. Found an arrowhead

158. Written a poem
(A love song or two actually...)

159. Carried your lunch in a lunchbox
(A Bobby Sherman Lunchbox!)

160. Gotten food poisoning

161. Gone on a service, humanitarian or religious mission

162. Been to the southern hemisphere.
(Next month!)

163. Sat on a park bench and fed the ducks
(Used to take my kids all the time!)

164. Gone to the opera
(Have been in a LOT of Opera houses in Europe tho!)

165. Gotten a letter from someone famous
(Michael J. Fox)

166. Worn knickers

167. Ridden in a limousine
(A few times now!)

168. Attended the Olympics

169. Can hula or waltz
(See #32)

170. Read a half dozen Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys books
(Even MET the Hardy Boys!)

171. Been stuck in an elevator

172. Had a revelatory dream

173. Thought you might crash in an airplane

174. Had a song dedicated to you on the radio or at a concert

175. Saved someone’s life
(My own.)

176. Eaten raw whale
(Really?)

177. Know how to do needlepoint

178. Laughed till your side hurt
(All the time! Today with Laura at work!! We were crying!)

179. Straddled the equator
(Again--next month!)

180. Taken a photograph of something other than people that is worth framing
(Yes. But lets admit, the best pictures have people in them...)

181. Gone to a Shakespeare Festival
(Went to the Globe Theatre in London!)

182. Sent a message in a bottle
(No. But I love the song.)

183. Spent the night in a hostel
(With Allison in NYC!)

184. Been a cashier
(Yep. And I know how to count back change.)

185. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt

186. Joined a union

187. Donated blood
(Every six weeks at Montage!)

188. Built a campfire
(I was a Bluebird and a Campfire Girl...dad, you LOVE those stories, huh?)

189. Have a blog
(Oh man, do I have a blog!)

190. Had hives

191. Worn custom made shoes or boots
(Wore wooden shoes in Holland!)

192. Made a PowerPoint presentation
(Oh the All STARS days!)

193. Taken a Hunter’s Safety Course
(Seriously?)

194. Served at a soup kitchen

195. Conquered the Rubik’s cube
(My sister Sarah did!)

196. Know CPR
(No. But I like mouth to mouth. I know. BOO!)

197. Owned a convertible

198. Found a long lost friend

199. Helped solve a crime
(No. But I hunt for guest's boxes at work all the time. When I find them we say, "Good work Nancy Drew!")

200. Fallen in love
(top of the wish list)

3 comments:

Allison said...

Oh, I'm going to steal this tomorrow...such fun!

Tim Noble said...

You sound one interesting lady!

PETE Di LALLO said...

Bum and I read this very interesting post yesterday and even SHE may comment on it...I know I will soon...
was lots of fun and educational...
thank you and Sarah