Saturday, June 28, 2008

Field of Dreams

Last night I crossed another couple of "before I die" things off my list.
I was given '6 rows from the field, box VIP seats' to the Dodgers/Angels Game.
It had always been a DREAM to sit so close and to watch the players "life size." NEVER--in all the many years I have been attending baseball games---have ever had such GREAT seats!
And then...I caught a foul ball! Well, OK, I have to be honest, it actually HIT one of the ballpark ushers in the leg and ricocheted my way and I grabbed it! I was like a little kid! I was SO stoked and SO excited!! It has been a lifetime GOAL to catch a foul ball!!
It was an absolutely SPECTACULAR night--perfect weather, perfect seats and perfect company! To top it all off, the Dodgers beat the Angels 6-zip to come just 2.5 games within first place in the division. As I sat back with my hot dog and my beer--and my ball!--looking out at the gorgeous field--I got a bit choked up. In all honesty, there was NO WHERE in the world I would have rather been last night--with my dad and a couple of good friends--it was my ACTUAL Field of Dreams--come true.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

What a great night...for YOU! While you were enjoying yourself, I was sad becuase the Angels lost so badly.

Allison said...

Congratulations! I know you must have loved it!

TSHarrison said...

Wow...I am so jealous I don't have words...wow!

SarahD said...

THAT FREAKIN RULES!!!!!!