Sunday, October 7, 2007

I'm the Happiest Girl in the Whole USA!








Those of you who know me...and even those of you who don't...understand how important photographs are to me. I have owned a camera since I was about 8 and have taken thousands and thousands of pictures over all those years. As happy as my life has been this last two and a half years...one thing was greatly missing: all the pictures that I had taken and carefully placed in photo albums from 1982 through 2004.
At the urging of a friend who was tired of hearing me be sad about this, I wrote an email last week asking if I could please have these incredibly important albums. To my great surprise, the email was kindly returned and I have just returned from picking up 42 photo albums (as well as nearly 100 VHS tapes!) I cried most of the way home...I feel like the missing pieces of my life are back.
Next only to the relationships with my children and my friends and family are the importance of the treasured memories captured in these photographs. I am so very happy today...and so very grateful to have these irreplaceable reminders of my greatest memories.

14 comments:

Gina Vistaunet said...

So so so cute!!! I'm very happy for you.

Emo Cass said...

Awh those are cute pictures! Glad you got them back.

Josh(ua) Treece said...

did you really post naked pictures of your kids on your blog? You are SO a mom! My mom still features my naked pics as one of the main parts of the tour of our house back in SC.

Julie Hibbard said...

Josh, I hope the pictures are from when you were much younger!
Allison and Zac are definitely not naked in any of these...
And they are sooo cute!!!

Heather McTaggart said...

Julie, so proud of this moment for you! How amazing this must have felt! I know a guy who can put those VHS on video. I was handed 6 years of VHS for my birthday a year ago and I cried too! AMAZING!

Emo Cass said...

Aw that sucks the Angels lost..]: Ice cream is amazing, especially with chocolate syrup! Haha, drink man wasn't there..I'll have to blog about theatre class. :D

Ange said...

Reasons I hope my mom never starts blogging:
1. She'll post naked pictures of her children.
2. See #1

Jules -- I'm happy for you!!! Did you get those camp tapes???

Allison said...

Oh! My Rainbow Bright cereal...and my awesome ear-to-ear bangs...and your awesome bangs...yikes!

Eliane said...

I am truly happy you got those back. I so knew how important it was to you.
It is absolutely WONDERFUL!

PS: I didn't see any "naked" pictures there at all.

NoBadDaysCourtney said...

I agree with Ange! HAAAAAAAA!!!

PETE Di LALLO said...

Sooo nice!
We want to see the other pictures...too many? Thousands you say?

Anonymous said...

Julie- Those picture are how I remember them. :-) Don't worry- her party is next weekend... her birthday was just yesterday. We couldn't do her party then because my parents were in Cali.

Josh(ua) Treece said...

Wearing only a daiper definitely still counts as naked-ish.

SarahD said...

WOW!
I know how much that means to you!!!!
VERY happy for you...
(BTW...you look younger now than you did when you were 22!)

That one boyfriend I lived in Michigan threw my yearbooks away....I've since started replacing them on EBay! Sucks....