Sunday, October 28, 2007

Dinner and a movie

I met Sarah and Shadi for dinner at Chili's tonight...split my favorite Quesadilla Explosion salad with Shadi while watching Boston clinch the World Series!
After dinner we went to see "Dan In Real Life"...
Ugh...I think this might be one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I can't imagine that any of this ever happens in ANYONE'S real life! Sarah kept wanting to leave--with the rest of the audience--seriously, at least 10 people got up and left within the first 1/2 hour of the movie.
It is pointless, predictable and just plain painful.
But dinner was delicious (as usual!) and the conversation and company--terrific!

3 comments:

Cathi said...

Oh I'm so disappointed! I was really looking forward to that. Thanks for the warning.

Anonymous said...

I have to disagree. I thought this moving was adorable. I went with my dad and sister and we all loved it. It's definitely not "real life" but what romantic comedy ever is? Sweet Home Alabama, totally predictable and nothing real about it but yet, it's one of our favorites! You may not have liked it but I think your readers should give it a chance!
XO,
Kelly

The Maguires said...

Really appreciate the heads up! Since I rarely can go to the movies, would not want to waste the time on such a bad movie...thanks.