Sunday, July 13, 2008

What an honor!

This has been one MAGNIFICENT season for concerts...
In the last six months or so I have seen
John Mayer, Billy Joel, The Cure, X and The Tubes.
Now add to that list last night--the absolute ULTIMATE concert experience--a literally ONCE IN A LIFETIME chance to see The Who--from about 15 feet away!
It was SERIOUSLY just like a dream...
But wait!!!
Add to the dream--before The Who ever graced the stage--
Foo Fighters! Flaming Lips
Incubus!
Pearl Jam!!
...and Tenacious D singing Squeeze Box!
Oh yeah, to make the evening seem even more like a dream in between one amazing band after the other singing The Who classics...there was Sean Penn, David Duchovny, Rainn Wilson (as the Pinball Wizard) and Adam Sandler. Oh and Jeremy Piven walked in front of us on the way to his seat...
and then, we turn around to see Taylor Hawkins sitting two rows behind us!!
(Oh Lisa...this one is for you!)
And then...Roger Daltrey--freaking AMAZING!
I swear I was 16 year old last night.
Honestly, between The Who's incredible music and the amazing aroma in the air--I was taken back in time...
These guys are the same age as MY Dad!
And they ROCK!
COULD WE BE ANY CLOSER TO PETE TOWNSEND??
It's like he was singing to US!
I was SO happy last night...I had one of those "Eiffel Tower Moments"...trying to 'hold on' to the INCREDIBLE feelings I had while I was standing 15 feet away from one of the greatest bands of ALL time! My face hurt from SMILING so much!! It was just FABULOUS....
And YOU can enjoy it too! The show will be aired Thursday, July 16 on Vh1. In between GREAT performances, you can watch for me in the audience...we started in the 17th row...and ended up in the third row. Yep...
Don't ask...just know that I don't think I will ever be able to SIT in a seat at a concert again!
LIFE IS GOOD

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. I'm waiting for Led Zep to hit town...

(By the way - did you know two of our musicians at Saddleback tour and record with the Foo Fighters and Taylor Hawkin's band?)

Gina Vistaunet said...

Amazing! How do you always get such good seats?????

Lisa Marie said...

Unfreakingbelievable!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel, though my memory is older. I saw The Who in Kentucky around 1982 or so.

Needless to say, there was aroma there as well.

PETE Di LALLO said...

Gimme me those old guy sounds any time...

Matt Jensen said...

you're very lucky