Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fairly Reliable

My friend Jaime and I made our 2nd annual trek to the Orange County Fair last night!
This time, Jaime's boyfriend, Todd joined us. I've known Todd for about 10 years...I worked with him and his mom at Saddleback. Yep, that's my ice cream she's holding. From the minute we walked into the fairgrounds, we just kept eating!
Well, we did stop to look at the large vegetables, the cows, pigs and sheep...and the arts and crafts booth! Have YOU ever seen a knitted hamburger? How about those onion rings?
We took our picture at EVERY SINGLE ONE of these things. Todd just loved it!


So, let's see...Jaime and Todd had a corn dog and I had a turkey sandwich. Then we had Australian potatoes (unbelievable!), chocolate-dipped ice cream cones and...AMAZING funnel cakes. (Jaime is holding Todd's--she and I split the one I am holding)--FABULOUS!
I will not be getting on the scale this morning...
Food, friends and fun...my favorite combination!

3 comments:

Suefalla said...

I have been living in Orange County for 5.5 years but I haven't been to the fair yet, none of my friends either want to go or take me with them. not even my husband takes me to the fair... but since you like the fair so much can you take me next year?? I really want to experience the fair and especially eat all the good food!!

TSHarrison said...

So that first photo...Not a truer representation of Texas can be found.
The Texas Style BBQ sign in the back, those are everywhere here.
And we all stand around leaning with our big ol' hats like that.
Wow...you'll never have to visit Texas now.

Ange said...

I am so excited about the fair -- the first one is CLASSIC! I cannot wait to eat all the GLORIOUS FOOD! Fair food is TRULY the best out there!