Saturday, July 5, 2008

Quiet Alright

I have always been really good at being quiet. I am naturally an early riser and, up until the last few years, I have always lived with people. I became a MASTER at showering, dressing, eating, and walking around the house without making a sound. My kids can attest to this. I'm silent.
The last few years I have lived in a few different places--alone--but all places with people living below me.
And so I have stayed silent. I have tip toed around my own home as to not disturb them. Silly? Well, remember that I get up at 4:15 each day and know too that, in my current home, I have wood floors. I KNOW they can hear me, especially when walking in heals down the hall...I have tried to always be very quiet for them.
But--the people below me moved out on Monday! And the new folks are not arriving til tomorrow! I have rejoiced this whole week in walking normally in my own home! I have loved knowing that I am not going to wake anyone, disturb anyone or make anyone angry!
It's been so great.
Yeah. I know.
Co-dependent much?

No comments: